Envol B.V. shall be referred to as “Julie’s Healing” and “our”, “us” or “we”
The URL: www.julieshealing.com shall be referred to as the “Site”
A visitor or end user of our Site is referred to as “you”, “your(s)” or “yourself”
Personally Identifiable Information shall be referred to as “PI”
Terms and Conditions of Service shall be referred to as the “Terms”
In addition, the terms “collect”, “process”, “treat”, “use”, “share”, “disclose”, “divulge” and analogous words shall be referring to your PI and other data collected from our visitors and end users.
Introduction & General Scope.
This Policy applies only to PI we collect through the Site and does not apply to our collection of information from other sources, such as affiliate links to third party web pages, as well as any data we may collect across partnered and unaffiliated websites too.
This Policy, together with the Terms, set forth the general rules and policies governing your use of our Site and services. Depending on your activities when visiting our Site, you may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions.
This Policy is freely available for your review prior to registration, and if you do not agree to its terms, your remedy shall consist of not registering an account, exiting the web tab though which you visited us, and/or deleting our Site.
Julie’s Healing provides, operates, and manages an online platform with functionalities that include, but are not limited to, the personal blog and life journal of Julie Morin, why she created this website and her life story.
Julie Morin is able to share her life experience, knowledge, and opinions through her blog articles, which are based on scientific research with references and/or information based on personal experience and knowledge. All visitors will be able to comment on her blog entries. There will also be blog articles written by other contributors, either as paid content or affiliate marketing.
Julie’s Healing also reviews and promotes first party and third-party products. These products are not sold on Julie’s Healing website but are affiliate links to other brands and websites. Each product branded by Julie’s Healing in intended for promotion and will include a ‘buy’ button or analogous within the blog article, which will then redirect the user to the specific website outside of Julie’s Healing domain. We also provide other online services, as indicated on our Site from time to time.
User Agreement & Registration.
As a user of our Site, you may be asked to create a profile with us, or to click on the “I Agree” checkbox on the registration form, banner, box or other similar means. Through that action, you thereby acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Policy, which is and constitutes a legal, binding agreement between you and Julie’s Healing.
Julie’s Healing team does every possible effort to keep your trust; and thus, we adhere to these general privacy principles, in order to defend your privacy:
• Julie’s Healing does not rent or sell your PI.
• Julie’s Healing does not divulge your contact information to third parties or other users without your consent.
• Any PI that you give to Julie’s Healing will be protected by industry standard technology and codes of ethics.
For purposes of this Policy, the Site shall be the initial point of contact between you and Julie’s Healing, and will serve as the point of collection of any personal data you may provide us.
Collection of Personal Information.
• As a general rule, we collect both “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” from our visitors and users. Like other website operators, Julie’s Healing collects “Non-Personal Information” of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring Site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
• Also, collected “Non-Personal Information” may include information that cannot be used to personally identify an individual person, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information that we may collect, number of clicks, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit.
• Regarding “Personal Information”, visitors to the Site may elect to interact with Julie’s Healing in ways that require us to gather information that can be used to personally identify an individual person, such as: name (first and last), email address, password, phone number, geo-location coordinates, and personal picture. We will also ask visitors who sign up for the Site to provide a username and email address.
• Transaction Data which includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data which includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data which includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data which includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
• We also collect, use, and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
• We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
• Third party credential data which allows you to open an account and login into our Site or websites, along with other single sign on authentication services such as those provided by Facebook and Google, among others. Henceforth, if you elect to sign up using your social media credentials, by such action, we will collect your personal data as provided by such third-party platforms, but never more than the data such platforms can disclose according to your user agreement with them. If you close your social media account, or if you deauthorize our access, your access to our platform may be suspended. For more information, please read the terms and policies of such third-party platforms.
• When you purchase a digital product subscription, we will collect your name and email address.
If you fail to provide some of the required PI, where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Personal Information and data retention.
We will only retain your PI for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Purpose of Personal Information Collection.
We will store your PI for the purposes of managing your collaboration with other users and clients, improve your user experience, send newsletters, and contact you about inquiries for our services. Overall, we use the collected PI to provide and improve our services. Accordingly, we will generally collect, use and disclose your PI to:
• Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our platform and our products and services.
• Verify your e-mail address and other account notices.
• To manage payment processing, charges, orders, shipments, refunds and complaints.
• Develop, research, process, safeguard and improve our services.
• Conduct research, analysis, and surveys, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
• Offer promotions, newsletters, send service-related announcements and contact you about inquiries for our products and services, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
• To notify you about updates or changes to product and service features and other content.
• To identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
• To account for applicable sales taxes based on zip codes provided to our payment processors for purchases made through the Site, as applicable.
• To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices, to the extent that you have provided consent for such uses under applicable law.
• Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our services, and other suspicious activities.
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services and for marketing or advertising purposes.
Julie’s Healing will keep any collected PI only as long as it is necessary, with regard to the purpose of its processing. Upon the case of PI which is stored by our sub-processors, the data will be stored on their secure servers as indicated on their respective privacy policies from time to time.
If you do not wish to disclose any or part of your PI to us, you may still be able to use some of the functionalities of our Site, though we will not be able to guarantee that you will be able to enjoy them at their fullest if you elect not to disclose it to us.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
We, or our affiliates, clients, contractors, licensors, officers, agents and/or representatives, reserve the right to allow access to any of your PI when we think it is reasonably important or when you violate the terms mentioned in this policy. Hereafter, we will have the right to disclose any or all gathered PI and/or data, when the following circumstances arise: (i) if necessary under an applicable law; (ii) in reply to a legal demand or subpoena from an agency of the law ; (iii) to protect ourselves and our affiliates from any legal third party claims and procedures that may be brought to us (inclusive of takedown notices); and/or (iv) to prevent or cause cessation of any undertakings that may be construed by us as having the ability to be or cause a predicament or hazard to us.
In some circumstances, we may disclose PI to a third party that offers and/or provides goods or services necessary for the purpose of enhancing our users’ experiences by offering you integrated or complementary functionalities, complementary services or other options.
For our service providers such as hosting, IT maintenance, market analytics, and payment service providers, we will disclose the necessary PI in order for them to provide their services to Julie’s Healing. Please rest assured that we require each of our service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of your PI.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your PI to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing the Site to you, we retain the right to transfer your PI to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your PI according to the terms of this Policy as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business. We will also retain the right to transfer your PI if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
With third parties, such as advertisers, in order to serve Julie’s Healing’s advertisements on such third-party platforms, to the extent that you have consented to such practices under applicable law.
Third Party Tools and PI Processors.
In order to provide our services, we use third-party platforms and tools. Please be aware that such platforms are governed by their own terms, policies and personal data collection practices and policies. Accordingly, by acknowledging your consent to this Policy, you are also acknowledging the applicable terms and conditions of such third-party platforms, which provide functionalities that include the creation of aggregated statistics. Julie’s Healing may also collect aggregated statistics about the behavior of visitors to its Site and may display this information publicly or provide it to others. Upon the case of any discrepancy or conflict among this Policy and the terms of them, the terms of the latter entities will govern.
We will keep a list of any sub-processors that will be involved in the processing of your PI due to the provision of our service and will inform you of any intended material changes concerning the addition or replacement of sub-processors before such changes are effective, thereby giving you the opportunity to object to such changes.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Julie’s Healing uses “cookies” and similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising, and store your preferences on your computer.
Advertising, Opt-out Choice.
From time to time, we may use Google Analytics, Ad Words, Double Click and/or Ad Sense tracking codes, and other third-party software tools (such as remarketing codes) in order to collect information and marketing analytics about the manner in which you browse our platform and services.
The served ads (also called retargeting ads) will be targeted based on your previous browsing history and may include retargeting codes. For example, third-party vendors may show you Julie’s Healing’s ads on certain websites across the Internet, even after you leave our platform. The collected information is anonymized, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Using such tools, we learn how to optimize, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits, providing you with a better user experience.
We also collect data from your mobile device ID (i.e. the unique identifier assigned to a mobile device by the manufacturer) and/or Advertising ID (for Site iOS 6 and later) instead of cookies in order to recognize you and track displayed web pages, along with their performance.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit us. This is called Log Data, which may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, sections of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We do not currently offer “do-not-track” or similar mechanisms. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but you can select to reset your Advertising IDs in the “Settings” section of your mobile device, among other.
You can learn more about how to opt-out by browsing Google’s opting-out and privacy pages located at www.google.com, or the Network Advertising Initiative website located at www.networkadvertising.org.
Julie’s Healing does not knowingly collect any kind of information from persons under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn or have reason to suspect that any user or that any client, project or customer data appertains persons under the age of thirteen (18), we will freeze and/or delete any PI under that user’s account, without prior notice and without responsibility.
Occasionally, we will ask you for express permission and approval to receive electronic messages in electronic format which are then sent to an electronic address and that contains a message asking recipients to participate in commercial activities such as newsletters, purchase of products, services, and invitations to participate in surveys.
We will send you service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or a new enhancement is released, which will affect the way you use our services, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are neither commercial nor promotional in nature.
If you no longer wish to receive email update and other commercial communications and messages via platforms such as ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, Sendy or GetResponse, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each update or communication.
Third Party Services.
Safety of Collected Information.
All PI will be stored on a secured VPS (virtual private server) using SSL certificates or analogous technology. All data uploaded by us containing user’s credentials will be stored in the MySQL database on our servers. The Site will work mainly in ‘online’ mode; thus, continuous Internet connectivity is necessary in order to access the Site.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The security of your PI is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your PI may be accessed by us or our affiliates, agents, partners, advertisers or third-party service providers in the Netherlands, the United States and other regions. Henceforth, and you hereby consent to such access and transfer by simple disclosure. If you are accessing our platform, products and services from other regions, you ought to know that you are thereby transferring your PI to such regions and, thus, you hereby consent to such transfer.
GDPR Notice and your Rights as Data Subject.
For the purposes of the GDPR, in the European Union, Julie’s Healing is a “data controller” of the PI you provide to us for the primary purposes of providing you with our services. For reference, our hosting service provider acts as our “data processor”.
For our European Union customers and users, by clicking the “I Accept” button or otherwise accepting the terms and conditions of our services through a clickable action or similar action, you hereby acknowledge, agree and unequivocally consent to the collection, process, management, treatment, transfer and authorized of your PI by Julie’s Healing, its affiliates and authorized third parties.
The section below covers the certain situations that you, as data subject, and we as a data controller, are most likely to see, but you should also carefully review the full list of data subject rights here: https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/. You retain the right to access, amend, correct, or delete your PI where it is inaccurate at any time. To do so, please contact email@example.com.
• Right to be Forgotten: You can request us to be “forgotten”; that is, to have your entire PI removed from our service. If we are asked to do this, we will remove any PI you we collected from you as requester. We will also need to contact any third parties that process your PI on our behalf, such as our cloud service providers. To ensure that any personal data in Julie’s Healing’s possession can be removed in a timely manner, you can relay any request to be “forgotten” to us by submitting a request-
• Right to Data Portability: Under the GDPR, our users located in the EU may request Julie’s Healing to send them any PI in our possession. In this case, we will provide you with any PI that you have in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
• Right to Data Access: As a data subject, you can ask Julie’s Healing to confirm how and where your PI is being stored and processed. You also have the right to know how such that data is shared with third parties by us.
• Right to Data Rectification: As data subject, you have the right to obtain from Julie’s Healing, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate PI concerning you.
• Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the PI we collect from you, and how we process it.
• Right to Object: You have the right to object to us processing your PI for the following reasons:
• Processing was not based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
• Direct marketing (including profiling);
• Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics; and
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
• Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
• Right to Complain: You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the GDPR. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Your privacy request must include, at the least, the following information: (i) your complete name, address and/or e-mail address in order for us to notify you the response to your request; (ii) attached documents establishing your identity; and (iii) a clear and concise description of the PI with regard to which you seek to enforce any of your privacy rights. If you request rectification, please indicate amendments to be made and attach documentation to back up your request.
Upon receipt of your privacy request, and after due review, we may then edit, deactivate and/or delete your PI from our services within thirty (30) days. In case of secure databases under our control where deletion is impossible, we will make such information permanently inaccessible.
From time to time, this Policy may be translated into other languages for your convenience. The English language version of each of these documents shall be the version that prevails and governs your use of Site and our products and services. Upon the case of any conflict between the English language version and any translated version, the English language version will prevail.
Amendments to this Policy.
Periodically, and at the final discretion of ourselves, we may update, change, suspend and/modify or our Site, our services, this Policy and/or our Terms, in whole or in part. We hereby reserve such right in order to operate our business and protect ourselves. Your use after any changes indicates your acceptance thereof and we will post a notice regarding such changes on our Site and may also write an email to you or otherwise notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about us, our Site, our Policy or our Terms, please contact us at:
Weena 690, 3012CN, Rotterdam, South-Holland, Netherlands
Date of last effective update is 19 March, 2021.