We made this super tasty and clean Bolognese spaghetti with friends last night so I thought I’d share the recipe on here! We didn’t have any pre-made tomato sauce so we made everything from scratch and it ended up tasting delicious. And it was super easy to make!
You can also choose to make this recipe completely raw and not use a pan, up to you!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 6 medium tomatoes + 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 purple carrots
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups of walnuts (you can soak them overnight if you want)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- Few crack of black pepper
- 5 pitted medjoul dates
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Fresh arugula (for garnish)
- Chop the onion and garlic in small bits and sautée them in a warm pan with coconut oil (you can also use olive oil, but I prefer to cook with coconut oil as saturated fats handle heat better).
- Dice the medium sized tomatoes and add to a pan (greenpan is a good toxic free brand). In a blender / food processor, blend the rest of the tomatoes with the pitted dates and lemon juice. Add to the pan and let the sauce simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, blend the sun dried tomatoes, the carrots (you can use orange carrots too, purple is what we had), the walnuts, the fresh basil, the black pepper and the red bell pepper. Blend until you reach a fine consistency, looking like a hash.
- Add to the pan with the tomato sauce.
- Now you can prepare your spaghetti: either raw spiralized peeled zucchini, or gluten free spaghetti (we used spaghetti made out of yellow lentils).
- Pour the sauce on top of your spaghetti and add a few leaves of fresh arugula. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try!